Nearly 40 RC Trainers, Champions and staff attended the RC Mindfulness Challenge Orientation session on January 5, 2022. It’s not too late for you or your RC colleagues to join the Challenge – even if you missed the orientation session you can still participate.The Challenge officially starts Wednesday, January 12, 12:00-12:30 pm ET (check your local time here) at the community practice session. Those who are registered will receive a Zoom link for the event and also a recording afterward. We hope to see you then.
Invitation to Prepare for the Challenge
Consider the following steps as a way to prepare for a successful Challenge experience:
- Print and review the Challenge Tracking Calendar
- Write your intention on the calendar
- Engage with the daily prompts found in the Tracking Calendar, enter minutes of practice in the circle
- Encourage your RC colleagues to join you in the Challenge by sharing the registration link
- Review the PowerPoint slides from Orientation
Micro Practice (1 minute or so)
Consider practicing the Contact Points exercise (standing, sitting or lying down)
Notice and briefly explore the sensations of your:
- Feet in contact with the floor, your socks, your shoes
- Buttocks or back of your legs in contact with the chair or floor
- Hands in contact with your thighs, the chair, the floor
Be sure to practice when you feel safe and relatively regulated. Be prepared to pause, modify, or stop the practice if you feel overwhelmed.